Artist to talk on NE about works, process

By Rylie Parkins/ne news editor

Annette Lawrence, artist and professor at the University of North Texas, will visit NE Campus for a presentation of her work Tuesday, March 25, 1-2 p.m. in the NFAB Theatre.

Lawrence, who recently moved to the Dallas/ Fort Worth area, has lectured at the Dallas Museum of Art.

Cindy Hurt, NE associate professor of art, was impressed with Lawrence as a lecturer and as an artist.

“[Lawrence] is as elegant and soft spoken as her work,” she said. “She maintains tremendous poise throughout the lecture: articulate and extremely smart.”

Hurt hopes Lawrence’s presentation will teach the audience that art is a process, not just a painting or a sculpture.

“Annette’s conceptual, post-minimalist works explore the very notion that art is a process,” she said. “

The temporary materials she uses such as string and brown butcher paper reflect the fleeting nature of a moment in time reinforcing her ideas about process.”

For additional information regarding Lawrence’s presentation, visit her Web site at www.annettelawrence.net or contact Hurt at 817-515-6904.