NW to hold dance for child’s haven

Students and staff can boogie their way to a good cause on NW Campus Oct. 30.

The NW dance club will host the Monster Mash Dance-a-Thon, a fundraiser for the Assessment Center of Tarrant County
9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in the Dance Studio (WHPE 1103).

The center provides temporary care and housing for children who have been removed from their homes by Child Protective Services.

The event will have a donation table where partygoers can donate to the center.

Dance club president Neahkaiy Hosier described the event as a huge dance party and encouraged everyone to attend.

“There is going to a DJ,” Hosier said. “His name is Kyle, but he goes by DJ Beats, and he’s a student here that’s currently learning how to DJ, which is awesome.”

Attendees are welcome to participate in a dance contest at 1 p.m. and can win prizes in the best costume contest shortly afterward. A dance teacher will teach Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” steps at 3 p.m.

The event will feature current and decades-old music as well as pizza, drinks and snacks. Everyone is welcome.

For more information, call dance associate professor Amy Sleigh at 817-515-7174.
— Tabitha Redder

Students dance while in costume during a previous NW Monster Mash Dance-a-Thon. This year’s event will take place 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in the Dance Studio (WHPE 1103). Fundraising proceeds will go to the Assessment Center of Tarrant County. Collegian file photo