Serving the Tarrant County College District

NE students head outdoors to celebrate diversity

Alba Bichardo, a music student, displays her sculpting techniques and a love of pottery while working at the NE Campus Association of Potters and Sculptors table
Martina Treviño/The Collegian

NE Campus’ annual International Festival and Spring Fest celebrated cultural awareness and the TCC community under a sun-filled sky April 12-13.

The festival happens each spring to give students the opportunity to get involved with student organizations, other colleges and local vendors, along with a chance to experience music and food of different cultures.

NE students Manuella Yenga and Timothy Ononye learn to dance the bachata, a dance which originated in the Dominican Republic, during the NE International Festival and Spring Fest April 12-13.
Martina Treviño/The Collegian

Attendees could see Flamenco dancers in action and hear the beat of African drums or the bellow of a bagpipe.

The University of North Texas, Texas Woman’s University and other colleges offered students information about their schools and programs.

Employers were on hand with job applications, and banks advised students on opening checking or savings accounts.

Many organizations provided attendees with handouts, prizes and demonstrations. NE health services handed out bottles of hand sanitizer and pocket thermometers while the NE Campus Association of Potters and Sculptors provided clay

Students Clinton Morris (left) and Cody Knight promote the Hangman’s House of Horrors in Fort Worth, one of several businesses who handed out applications for future employment.
Marley Malenfant/The Collegian

sculpting demonstrations.

Matt Willis provides some Scottish flair with his bagpipe concert during the festival.

Marley Malenfant/The Collegian

International students offered samples of their native dishes to give their classmates a taste of their cultures.

Guest speakers and exhibits gave insight into the beliefs, histories, achievements, lives and distinctions of other societies.

Leah Bosworth