SE mentoring summit offers support toward graduation

SE continuing education and student activities celebrates Black History Month with a mentoring summit and award luncheon In Pursuit of Excellence II 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Feb. 8 in the North Ballroom.

Pastor Michael Evans and news anchor Sharrie Williams from CBS 11 and TXA 21 will be the keynote speakers.

“They will speak on the pursuit of excellence and encourage students to stay in school and complete school,” said Terry Aaron, continuing education director.

Following Evans’ talk, the audience will be broken into panel discussions. The men will attend Man to Man: Conversations with My Brothers, and the women will attend Woman to Woman: Conversations with My Sisters.

“The discussion will give pointers on being successful in topics such as education and career,” Aaron said.

During the luncheon, scholarships will be awarded to five students to cover tuition.

The mentoring summit is free and open to the community, but registration is required. Those interested in attending can register the day of the event but are encouraged to pre-register. Reservations must be made though WebAdvisor for the GENX 1401 course found under CE Qtr2.

For more information, call continuing education at 817-515-3420 or email terry.aaron@tccd.edu.

— Elaine Bonilla