Writers to meet on NE for workshop sessions

Students seeking to improve their writing skills can attend the Seventh Annual Trinity Writers’ Workshop: The Writers’ Edge Conference April 20-21 on NE Campus.

The event is presented by Trinity Writers’ Workshop and the continuing education department of NE Campus and is sponsored by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. TCC students can attend for $20.

The conference will feature a chance for students to learn how to become better writers from several guest speakers, including agents, editors and published authors, conference co-chair Leigh Attaway Wilcox said.

“ The goal of our conference is to bring writing experts into the DFW area in order to make them more accessible for area writers,” she said. “With editors, agents and published authors—the experts—presenting workshops and answering questions during one-on-ones, any writer whether new to the craft or a veteran, can benefit from the talents and expertise offered.”

In addition to the guest speakers, the event will also feature workshops and one-on-ones, as well as a Friday night networking party.

“ This is a great event for writers of all genres and all skill levels,” Wilcox said.