Trinity Trash Bash

Student activites host annual cleanup while social distancing during global health crisis

Photos by Azul Sordo/The Collegian
Alisha Edwards and Diana La walk along the Trinity River bridge looking for trash to pickup at Trinity River’s Trash Bash

Due to COVID-19, student development associate director Eddie Brassart altered Trash Bash for community members to still be able to participate.

“There were ‘official’ trash bash sites along the Trinity River but the event also encourages
people to fight litter in their own neighborhoods,” Brassart said. “We let our students know that we would be cleaning up along the river behind our campus and that they were welcome to join us there as well.”

The event was held Sept. 19 is an annual event hosted by TR Campus for the last three

years. Twenty students, faculty and staff attended. Brassart was happy with how the event
turned out and impressed with their students going out and showing support. “Participation was great and the weather was outstanding,” he said. “I think most people enjoyed being outside, getting some exercise and helping keep Fort Worth beautiful.”

Diana La collects trash along the Trinity Trails on Sept. 19 as part of the Trinity River’s Trash Bash event.
Liz Warner practices social distancing while wearing a face mask at the Trinity River’s Trash Bash.
Alisha Edwards participates in the third annual the Trinity River Trash Bash event along Trinity River in parts of downtown Fort Worth on Sept. 19.