Viewpoint-Twitter fingers lead lemmings to revolt

MICHEAL FOSTER-SANDERS

As an American, you are entitled to the First Amendment, which includes the freedom of speech, but that does not protect you from saying anything, nor does it absolve you from the consequences.

Many people learn this the hard way with online bullying, hate speech or enticing violence and spreading disinformation. Former President Trump used his four years in office trying to destroy credible journalism to skew the narrative in his favor with his ridiculous propaganda that brainwashed a great deal of the American population.

Then one of the darkest days in U.S. history happened when the U.S. Capitol building came under siege by some of those same brainwashed people he duped into thinking were some kind of patriots.

Trump had the ability to attempt to quell the great uprising, but nope, that would have been to much to ask. Instead, he decided not to do anything and decided to use a tweet to condone the siege on the capital.

Five people died because of his bratty ways by not being able to take his defeat in a classy way.

Twitter struck first with a 12-hour ban, then came to the conclusion to permanently ban him because of his misuse of the platform. Facebook struck next by temporarily banning him.

Right-wing extremist, white supremist and QAnon conspiracy theorists were also in for a surprise when the popular social media app Parler was delisted from both iOS and Android app stores, and server usage was stopped by Amazon.

False cries of tyranny from the participants saying that the government and these companies were trying to oppress their thoughts and opinions was not the case at all. Why a self-respecting business would let them use their tools to spread hate and dissension throughout the interwebs is baffling. But it has been refreshing to see them scatter like cockroaches when lights come on.

They will never completely go away, but the job from this day forward is to stop them from building up and infesting minds with their madness.