Being home and changing daily routines

TOMMY KIMBROUGH
reporter

Azul Sordo/The Collegian
Maskless shoppers pass a mural depicting a masked man in Sundance Square, downtown Fort Worth conveying life one year into the pandemic felt around the world.

The pandemic resulted in schools all around the world shutting down, and college students were required to take classes online.

“Going from driving to campus for class, to waking up out of bed and hopping on the laptop for class has been a complete change,” TR student Maggie Cooper said.

Being on campus can provide the best study spots to concentrate on schoolwork, she said.

“Living with my parents and younger siblings as a current college student has been very challenging when it comes to alone time to focus on daily assignments,” Cooper said.

NE student Rita Gonzales said since the pandemic has forced everyone to stay inside their homes and remain safe, the world has been locked inside a cage.

“Life at home during this pandemic has my mind going crazy, I’m so tired of being treated like a kid in 6th grade by my parents,” Gonzales said.

She realized how going to campus and getting that time away from her family for three plus hours made an impact on how she focuses.

“The pandemic has shown me all of the things I forgot that made an impact on how my days could go to make me feel productive,” Gonzales said.

TR student Corey Davis said the pandemic has been more difficult for some when it comes to adjustments and living conditions.

“COVID took so much from all of us and seeing people on the news lose their jobs and homes has shown how blessed some of us are to be in life right now. To still be able to live with family,” Davis said.

He said he feels blessed to have his parents around and still be able to continue to pursue his education online.

“I was just trying to let them know how thankful I was and looking forward to things returning back to normal soon and hopefully returning to campus in person in fall 2021 if available too,” Davis said.