Deciding new South Campus president

ALYSON OLIVER

After former South president Peter Jordan’s resignation last fall, TCC assesses three final candidates in the search to fill the open position, said Reginald Gates, vice chancellor of communications and external affairs.

Jordan resigned Sept. 30 after serving as South president for over eight years, Gates said. He decided to step down so he could be closer to his family by returning to the New York area and pursuing opportunities there.

“The transition has been quite smooth,” Gates said. “The South campus has an exceptional leadership team, faculty and staff to support our students.”

TCC Chancellor Eugene Giovannini has taken over the president’s usual responsibilities, Gates said. This entails meeting regularly with South leadership and the faculty and staff, plus the operation of and planning for South.

According to a subsection of the Open Administrator Positions page on TCC’s website titled “Search: TCC South President,” the search for a new leader began this year during the week of Jan. 4.

“The candidate interview process continues to take place,” Gates said. “We’ll soon plan for finalists interviews with the South campus and community.”

On the “Search: TCC South President” page, TCC has put out an open invitation for anyone interested in attending a forum with the finalists.

The option to send in questions through email was available until Jan. 25, according to TCC, and the candidates will be giving their answers during the forum.

The event will take place on Microsoft Teams, and the links to join will be made public in advance, according to TCC.

The final candidates are Daniel Lufkin, Alessandro Anzalone and Feliccia Moore-Davis, according to TCC. They will be answering questions 1-2 p.m. Jan. 27, 2:15-3:15 p.m. Jan. 27 and 1-2 p.m. Jan. 28 respectively. The new South president will be announced during the week of Feb. 1.

All three candidates have over a decade of teaching experience, according to TCC. They have all served in leadership positions in higher education, including as college presidents.
Anzalone attended the University of South Florida for his doctorate in chemical engineering, Moore-Davis attended Regent University in Virginia for her doctorate in organizational leadership and Lufkin attended Nova Southeastern University for his doctorate in education.

More information about the candidates, including their education, teaching and leadership history, achievements and goals can be found on TCC’s website under Open Administrator Positions on the page titled “Search: TCC South President.”

https://www.tccd.edu/about/administration/open-administrator-positions/so-president/