Entertainment Calendar

Now-Feb. 28 Anything but Pots is on display in the J. Ardis Bell Library on NE Campus. Ceramics students have displayed their creations in a nontraditional way by making a variety of different pieces. For more information, contact art adjunct instructor Mary Becker at 817-515-6833.

Now-March 2 The NE Campus Photography Staff and Faculty Biennial exhibit is open in College Hall (NCAB 1111). Faculty and other staff members’ photographs are on display. Open to the general public, the exhibit is available during normal school hours. For more information, contact photography associate professor Patricia Richards at 817-515-6590 or by email at patricia.richards@tccd.edu.

Feb. 19-21 South will present Actor’s Showcase beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the Joe B. Rushing Center for the Performing Arts. The showcase is free for all TCC students, faculty and staff, $3 for other students and senior citizens and $6 for the general public. Tickets are sold on the day of the performance at the box office beginning at 7 p.m. All performances begin at 7:30 with no late seating. For more information, call Lindy Benton-Muller at 817-515-4717.

Feb. 24 NE music associate professor Jerry Ringe will present a faculty concert 7-8 p.m. in College Hall (NCAB 1111) on NE Campus. Ringe, a clarinetist, will perform various pieces from the classic era. For more information, contact Ringe at gerald.ringe@tccd.edu or at 817-515-6685.

Feb. 25-28 Romeo and Juliet will open at 7 p.m. with an  additional matinee performance at 2 p.m. on the 28th in the NFAB theater on NE Campus. Romeo and Juliet is William Shakespeare’s classic tragedy about two star-crossed lovers whose deaths reconcile an ancient feud among their families. The play is directed by drama associate professor Stephen Thomas. Tickets are free to TCC students, faculty and staff, $6 for general admission and $3 for seniors and other students. For reservations, contact the NE Campus theater by email at neplayhouse@tccd.edu.

Feb. 26 A Preparatory Piano Recital will take place 7:30-8:30 p.m. in College Hall (NCAB 1111) on NE Campus. Students from the Preparatory Piano Program, grades one-12, will perform a variety of piano pieces from different eras. For more information, contact Renetta Frisque of continuing education at renetta.frisque@tccd.edu.

March 5-7 Theatre Northwest will present Shorts: An Evening of Ten-Minute Plays 7:30 p.m. March 5-6, and 2 p.m. March 7 in Theatre Northwest (WTLO 1108). Shorts will feature a variety of 10-minute plays with different playwrights and styles. Admission is free for TCC students, faculty and staff, $3 for non-TCC students and seniors and $6 for the general public. For tickets, contact the box office at 817-515-7724. For more information, contact drama associate professor Josh Blann at 817-515-7315.