Fall Fest brings magic

October 30, 2019 | Krissia Palomo | campus editor
Photo by Vu Nguyen/The Collegian. NE President Kenya Ayers (left) dances with students during the annual Fall Fest event Oct. 23. Clubs, organizations and local businesses were able to share information with students.

The annual Fall Fest event took place on NE Campus Oct. 23, embracing a Harry Potter theme and titled “Toro and the Order of the Trailblazers.”

Running from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., the festival allowed students to enjoy the fall weather outdoors and socialize with other students and organizations.

Vendors, as well as many universities from the area, NE organizations, military branches and even an organization with information about the 2020 census, were invited to set up tables with their merchandise.

Students filled NE courtyard as a DJ played music that ranged from the rap hit, “My Type” by Saweetie to the Halloween song, “Thriller” by Michael Jackson.

Photo by Christa Jarvis/The Collegian. NE student Alyse Whitcomb poses for a photo with TCC’s mascot Toro, who is dressed up in a Harry Potter-themed costume.

NE student and vendor Chloe Woolery said when she first heard about the event, she thought it would be a good idea to host a booth showcasing various ceramic creations to raise money for her TCC ceramics class.

She volunteered at International Fest, another campus event.

“It helped me get out of my comfort zone,” Woolery said. “So I thought, ‘Why not do Fall Fest as well?’”

One of the organizations present was Psi Beta, the National Honor Society in psychology.

They saw this as a good opportunity to hand out student stress tests and help those interested in making their own stress balls.

“Our organization tries to help students know their stress levels,” NE student Noah Seversike said. “Then we try to help them by using things like stress balls.”

Seversike and other members of the organization thought Fall Fest would be a good way to reach more students who might not have time to attend one of their meetings.

NE student Reilley Flood was drawn to Fall Fest while walking to her car after class.

“It was really loud, and I wondered what was going on,” Flood said. “I think it’s great that TCC tries to make college fun, even during midterms.”

Photo by Christa Jarvis/The Collegian. NE Students perform the Cha Cha Slide in the NE courtyard during Fall Fest. Music and food was available for attendees.