Live performance showcases students’ artistic skills

By Dang Le and Colton Potter

NE student Thalia Veloz rehearses her music with the ensemble, comprised of performers from different departments. Photos by Christian Garza/The Collegian

The NE communications, arts and entertainment division will host ArtBeat, a division-wide collaboration displaying work from the fine arts departments and what is available to students, said communications arts department chair Gerald Ringe. 

“These students represent the disciplines of art, photography, music, dance/musical theatre, radio-TV-film, graphic communication, speech, English (creative writing) and world languages,” NE divisional dean Linda Quinn said.  

The event is new to TCC, and it is an opportunity to bring light to the value of the arts, Ringe said. 

“We’re all here to serve the students,” he said.  

“The arts are more connected than they’ve ever been before,” Ringe said.  

More than 200 students will be involved in the collaboration of the arts departments at TCC, Quinn said. 

“TCC has made a real difference in their education and lives,” she said. 

The tickets for this event are $10 and are available at NE Campus Business Services. 

Ticket proceeds will be donated to the TCC Eliminating Barriers Fund, which is a micro grant system designed to help students in the case of an “urgent, unforeseen” emergency. 

ArtBeat will surround the theme of “humanities serving humanity,” at 7:30 p.m. March 21 in the Fort Worth Community Arts Center.

NE vocalists practice for their upcoming ArtBeat performance at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center March 21. Ticket proceeds will benefit to the Eliminating Barriers Fund. Christian Garza/The Collegian