Names & Events

March 4 There will be a TRIO open house on South 12:30-2:30 p.m. in SACA 1108. In recognition of National TRIO day, students, faculty and staff can learn more about TRIO programs and donate toiletry items to the Presbyterian Night Shelter. 

March 4 The NW counseling department will present Ask About Suicide: To Save a Life 9-10 a.m. in the Michael Saenz Conference Center (WACB 1123). This workshop is designed to train students on how to ask about suicide, where to seek more information and how to get help for someone who might be at risk for suicidal behavior.

March 4 NW health services will have an AIDS outreach event 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in WCTS 1151 for students to get HIV/STD testing.

March 4 NW health services and the advising and counseling department will host a health and resource fair 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in WSTU 1303/1305. The fair will have free mini-checkups, screenings and resources for health services, advising and counseling centers and area agencies of Tarrant County. This event is open to everyone.

March 4 TCC Connect Campus Outreach will be on South 10 a.m.-7 p.m. in the Student Center. TCC Connect offers convenient, flexible programs to provide alternative methods of instruction that can help students reach their educational goals. Representatives will be available to answer questions and provide guidance on eLearning and weekend college. For more information, contact outreach and student services manager Kathy Burks at kathy.burks@tccd.edu or at 817-515-1417.

March 4-5 The SE Student Leadership Academy will present a one-hour public speaking class at 11:45 a.m. March 4 in EMBE 1103A and 1 p.m. March 5 in ESEE 1328. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-3595.

March 4, 26 Getting on Track and Finishing the Race will be held 4-5:30 p.m. on the 4th in the Galley (NSTU 1506) and noon-1:30 p.m. on the 26th in NBSS 1103 on NE Campus. This is an ongoing series of workshops where students work to identify their learning styles, receive tips and strategies to improve their GPAs and much more. For more information, contact special services coordinator Ronda Isaacs at ronda.isaacs@tccd.edu or at 817-515-6264.

March 5, 19 NW health services will hold CPR/BLS courses 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in WTLO 4104C for students who wish to be certified. For enrollment information, call health services at 817-515-7672.

March 5 A Midterm Madness BBQ will be 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the South SCLC Writing Center. The event will provide students a chance to take a break with games, prizes, music and food during the brunt of midterms. For more, call the writing center at 817-515-4602.

March 5 The NW counseling department will host a workshop for all students on making a “personal statement” for university transfer applications 12:30-1:30 p.m. in WACB 1123. For more information, contact NW counseling student development specialist Robin Carlisle at 817-515-7524.

March 5 Student Leadership Academy: Guiding Through Conflict will take place 12:30-1:30 p.m. and 6-7 p.m. in the Galley (NSTU 1506) on NE Campus. Students will learn the importance of a leader’s role in guiding through conflict and the practical approaches for doing so. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 6 Learning Problems: Inability, Disability or Using Abilities Differently will take place 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in NBSS 1103 on NE Campus. Learning diagnostician Larry Gillham will discuss issues related to learning disabilities, learning styles and much more. For more information, contact special services coordinator Ronda Isaac by email at ronda.isaacs@tccd.edu. All workshop participants must register at http://tccdne.volunteerhub.com.

March 11 NW health services will hold free HIV testing 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in WCTS 1151. For more information, contact health administrative assistant Keva Montrose at 817-515-7672.

March 16-17, 19 The SE Student Leadership Academy will present a one-hour critical thinking class at 4 p.m. March 16 in ESEE 1105 and 4:30 p.m. March 17 in ESEE 1103. Students attending on March 19 can go at 10 a.m., 11:35 a.m. or 1:20 p.m. in SE North Ballroom. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-3595.

March 17 Student Success Seminar: Emotional Intelligence — The Key to Your Career will take place 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the Larry Darlage Center Corner (NSTU 1615A) on NE Campus. In a session presented by academic advisor and business adjunct instructor Randy Saleh and career services coordinator Sandra Walker, students will learn the role emotional intelligence plays in career success and much more. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 18, 28 Current or prospective students can learn about eLearning and weekend college opportunities 10 a.m.-7 p.m. on TRTR Main Street. TCC Connect representatives will answer questions. Students can learn more about completing a degree online, attending weekend college or receiving dual credit while finishing high school. For more information, contact outreach and student services manager Kathy Burks at 817-515-1417.

March 18 The NW Bridge Program will host a workshop with Wells Fargo 1-2 p.m. in WSTU 1303. This workshop will give students information about finding a job, reading and depositing paychecks and making the most of any benefits. For more information, contact Bridge Program assistant Talisha Simpson at 817-515-7657.

March 19 The Power on Critical Thinking Conference will be an interactive learning experience for both students and faculty 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the North Ballroom on SE Campus. The event will include workshops, refreshments and door prizes for students, faculty and staff. For more information, contact campus coordinator Gracie Williams at gracie.williams@tccd.edu.

March 19 Social Science Symposium: Who am I? Explorations in Gender and Sexuality will be 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Larry Darlage Center Corner (NSTU 1615A) on NE Campus. LGBTQA panelists will lead a discussion on gender and sexuality 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m. The movie Trans will be shown following the discussion. The winners of the Who Am I? essay contest will be announced. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 19 The NW Bridge Program will host a workshop for students on how to locate and attain scholarships 12:30-1:45 p.m. in the east wing of the library. For more information, contact Bridge Program assistant Talisha Simpson at 817-515-7657.

March 20 Lunch by the Numbers will take place 12:30-2:30 p.m. in NTAB 2221 on NE Campus. University of Texas at Arlington students will answer questions for those interested in teaching math and science as well as present information on programs, transfers and scholarships. A free lunch will be provided. For more information, contact math instructor Kimberly Campbell at kimberly.campbell@tccd.edu or at 817-515-6363.

March 20 South will host Free Legal Clinics for Veterans and Spouses of Deceased Veterans 2-5 p.m. in the SFOF Family Empowerment Center. Appointments are required, and reservations must be made through 817-546-4460. Attorneys can provide legal advice in areas such as family law, bankruptcy, traffic matters, contracts and more. For more details, call the FEC at 817-515-4332.

March 21 New Student Orientation is scheduled 1-5 p.m. in the NBSS lobby on NE Campus. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 23 The SGA Student Senate will meet 2-3 p.m. in the Galley (NSTU 1506) on NE Campus. Students are invited to participate or observe the SGA Senate to keep up to date with the student body’s latest concerns. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 24 Setting Goals: Getting will be presented 11:30 a.m.-noon in NBSS 1103 on NE Campus. A TG financial literacy program mini-module will cover financial goal-setting and the time frame for these goals. For more information, contact special services coordinator Ronda Isaacs at ronda.isaacs@tccd.edu or at 817-515-6264.

March 24 The NW counseling department will hold Get – Er Done: Procrastination; Why You Do It and What You Can Do About It 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the Michael Saenz Conference Center (WACB 1123). The workshop will cover why people procrastinate, how it impacts their lives and how they can overcome it. For more information, contact NW counselor Brentom Jackson at 817-515-7953.

March 24 Student Leadership Academy: Realizing Change will be 12:30-1:30 p.m. and 6-7 p.m. in the Galley (NSTU 1506) on NE Campus. Students will recognize the importance of initiating and leading change. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 24-25 The SE Student Leadership Academy will present a one-hour resume building class at 4 p.m. in ESEE 1105. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-3595.

March 25 SE health services will offer free, confidential HIV testing 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the SE health services office (ESEC 2115). For more information, contact health services at 817-515-3591.

March 25 A STEM expert will speak 1-2:20 p.m. in the North Ballroom on SE Campus. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-3595.

March 25 SE advising and counseling presents Motivation, an interactive workshop by NE counselor Masika Smith. Students will discover ways to boost their motivation by turning things they have to do into things that add meaning to their lives and those around them. For more information, contact special services coordinator Tangie Fields at 817-515-3462.

March 25, 26 Graduating TR students can pick up their caps and gowns, order class rings, apply to participate in graduation and confirm degree plan requirements at Grad Fest 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on TRTR Main Street. For more information, contact TR academic advisor Laura Escamilla at laura.escamilla@tccd.edu.

March 25-26 TR health services will provide free, confidential HIV testing for students 11 a.m.-2 p.m. March 25 and 2-5 p.m. March 26 in TREF 1312A. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are accepted. Students should allow 30-45 minutes for a testing session. For more information, contact TR health services coordinator Angela Virgin at 817-515-1337.

March 26 The Health Occupations Only Club on SE Campus will host a Health Occupations Day 10 a.m.-noon in the North Ballroom. Representatives from colleges and universities will discuss detailed information about admission requirements for the allied health and medical programs in the area. For more information, contact club sponsor Bethanye Morgan at bethanye.morgan@tccd.edu.

March 26 Student Success Seminar: Choosing the Right University will take place 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the Larry Darlage Center Corner (NSTU 1615A) on NE Campus. Students will learn about the process of picking the right university and much more. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-6688.

March 28 TCC will host the Community and High School Showcase 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on all campuses featuring programs and opportunities available to students. The event will include tours, breakout sessions and information on curriculum and student clubs. Locations include NE Larry Darlage Center Corner (NSTU 1615A); SE North Ballroom; NW outside between the WFAB and WADM buildings; South in the SSTU dining hall and TR Energy Auditorium (TRTR 4008) with an Expo on TRTR Main Street.