Taking a bite out of COVID-19 this holiday season

Amber Davis/The Collegia

Family gatherings are out this holiday season, and if you attend one you’re gambling with your life and your families. Detecting who has Covid-19 is like playing a game of “Guess Who.” Being big pizza fans at The Collegian, staff wanted to give you the best pizza places to grab a pie to munch on while spending time with family over video

Jose Romero: Hands down, my favorite pizza spot is “Serious Pizza.” It gets super packed there but the wait is worth it. It’s closed right now but once it opens back up, I’d recommend grabbing a pie or two from there. It tastes just right! Most pizza tends to be pretty good but Serious Pizza takes the cake. Except for Cici’s. That’s just gross. For take out my pizza of choice is from Old School Pizza Tavern.

Maddy Remington: Serious Pizza is a pretty bomb pizza joint, but I’ve got to say you haven’t lived until you’ve tried Cici’s alfredo pizza. I absolutely would not recommend utilizing the buffet option, but a to-go box of alfredo is *chef’s kiss*.

Linda Puga: My favorite pizza place is the classic Domino’s Pizza. You can never go wrong with a slice of pizza from there. I don’t have a least favorite place, but I will agree with Maddy and say Cici’s alfredo pizza is top tier! That’s another favorite of mine, I would highly recommend it!

Alyson Oliver: I have to order Domino’s Pizza at least once every month. I like all of their options when it comes to combining different toppings and crusts. If I have the time to go and sit down in a restaurant, I like to visit Campisi’s. Their crispy crust, tomato sauce and toppings are pristine.

Amber Davis: My all time favorite pizza is from Stuft Pizza in San Jose, California. It’s magical, and the taproom always has a great selection of craft brews. If I win the lottery I am bringing a Stuft Pizza to Fort Worth. Jets is my favorite pizza in the area. I love the crunchy deep dish and that the toppings go all the way to the edge! I always love to grab a veggie Detroit style Sicilian and add extra EXTRA jalapenos.

Michael Foster-Sanders-You can never go wrong with Mama’s Pizza a staple in Tarrant county and Detroit style pizza from Jets.

Kristal Blankinship: My favorite pizza is from Tony’s Pizza and Pasta in Bedford. I like to order the Florentino pizza. It’s made with fresh garlic, spinach and sliced roma tomatoes. They make all pizzas to order.

Abbas Ghor: I like homemade cheese pizza. I do it thin crust style. I will also take a Costco pizza. There are a lot of great choices in the DFW area for pizza take out and delivery. Obviously, it will not compare to Grandma’s green bean casserole andstuffing. Maybe we can make our own turkey and dressing pizzas at home.

Regardless of what your style of pizza is do yourself a favor and stay safe this holiday season. Whatever your favorite, easy stay at home food of choice is, make it COVID-19 proof.