Students anticipate new game, movie, show releases

Students watch clips from the film “Spirited Away” in Adrian Cook’s Film Appreciation class Jan. 25. Joel Solis/The Collegian
Students watch clips from the film “Spirited Away” in Adrian Cook’s Film Appreciation class Jan. 25.
Joel Solis/The Collegian

Meghan Schilling
Campus editor
meghan.schilling@my.tccd.edu

Students are looking forward to a slew of new video games, movies and show releases in 2022.

Since the start of the year, many highly-anticipated shows have started airing such as the second season of the hit show “Euphoria” and the first season of “The Book of Boba Fett.”

“Even though the new season of ‘Euphoria’ has been released, and I have been watching it with my girlfriend, I am ready to see what next season has to offer,” NE student Riley Timmions said. 

“Euphoria” deals with mature themes — such as drug abuse and sexuality — through the lens of a group of high schoolers. 

Timmions would like to see a different outcome, one where the characters don’t go through so much drama and hopes the show brings some light-hearted sequences in the next season, and possibly show the characters grow up so audiences can see how they would grow in society.

NE student Kelly Zaccaria is excited for the upcoming season of “9-1-1” and hopes to see what will happen to the future of the fire station in L.A.

The show is based on firefighters, EMTs and police officers in California tending to problems faced within their county.

“I enjoy the characters and the development, and the challenges they overcome together as a group,” Zaccaria said. 

The final season of the anime “Attack on Titan” will air in 2022, and NW student Landon Walker — who has been watching the show since 2013 — said it’s unbelievable that it’s releasing.

“I know I am not the only one who has been waiting for the final season, but I am sad to see it end after so long,” Walker said.

For fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, three announced films are releasing this year.

“I am a huge Marvel fan, and I can’t wait for the ‘Multiverse of Madness,’” NW student Robert Stephens said. 

Some of the things Stephens is most excited about in the film are the Easter eggs and the portrayal of evil Doctor Strange. 

Video game releases this year include Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. 

“This is one of the biggest years for the gaming universe,” NW student Jesus Carreon said.  

Every month will have a new game release or have a sneak preview for what other games will be releasing, Carreon said.

“I am mostly excited for the new Suicide Squad game release,” he said. “I can’t wait to play against the Justice League.”