TCC announces virtual format for spring 2021

Campus closure continues for spring courses

MADDY REMINGTON

TCC announced over the weekend that for the foreseeable future classes would continue in
the virtual format.

TR student Sarai Marquez is dissappointed about the decision.

“I’m actually pretty bummed out that our spring semester is going to be virtual because honestly, I don’t enjoy doing classes online. It just doesn’t motivate me as much considering I have other things to worry about as well.”

Due to the health concerns countywide, TCC made the tough decision to keep classes online as well as continuing to offer remote student services and limited in person services at TCC campuses.

During the fall semester, some have been enjoying the work-at- your-own pace style of this virtual format.

“I agree with TCC’s decision because we need to be focused on our safety during this pandemic,” said NW student, Dylan Remington. Other students have seen online classes as a struggle because of the time-related challenges compared to in-person classes.

“It’s a bit challenging because I have to be on top of my time management. So I rely heavily on my planner and calendar app,” said TR student, Maria Del Carmen Granados.

TCC students are noting that they understand the health risks and they completely respect TCC’s decision even though it disappoints them that there will be no in-person options.

“I know it’s the safest way because of the pandemic, so if this is what we have to do to stay safe I’m okay with it,” Marquez said.

The remote services, online classes, and virtual organizational meetings is another example show- ing how TCC is committed to ensuring the safety of all TCC staff and students.

Students can begin registering for Spring 2021 classes starting on Oct. 26.