Transfer workshop to aid new students

By Kathryn Kelman/editor-in-chief

To help students get affiliated with TCC, SE success coaches will host their Making the Transition to College workshop Sept. 18. 

The event is designed to give students a better idea of what to expect, said SE success coach April Lee. 

Making the Transition to College is a big workshop we try to put on every semester to just give them information, especially those first-time-in college students,” she said. “We provide them with tons of free resources that are here and available to them that they may not know about and let them know that we’re here to help them if they have any questions or concerns during the year.” 

Workshop facilitators make sure students are aware of resources like supplemental instruction, library services and career services. 

Lee will present during the event and facilitate a “detailed group discussion,” she said. 

“Each student that attends the workshop, they discuss what they have experienced, what they’re going through, what they’re looking forward to,” Lee said. “So in a sense, they’re learning from each other.” 

This is so students can see what their peers are going through and how their peers are coping as well as what techniques they can gain from one another, she said. 

“It’s all good information, and you’re going to get a lot of information from your peers that will probably be very helpful,” Lee said. 

The event will be 10-11 a.m. in Coach’s Corner (ESEE 1210). For more information, contact Lee at april.lee@tccd.edu or 817-515-3752.