Serving the Tarrant County College District

TR Campus’ 5th anniversary observed with week of events

By Anderson Colemon/tr news editor

A flag-raising ceremony held April 14, 2009, celebrates TR Campus’ official opening.  Collegian file photo
A flag-raising ceremony held April 14, 2009, celebrates TR Campus’ official opening. Collegian file photo

TR Campus will celebrate its fifth anniversary with a week of events commemorating its hallmarks Oct. 7-11.

Separated by different events and years, TR will use themes to characterize the days.

Monday, which has the theme of service and community engagement, features the TR flag raising 9-10 a.m. in front of the Idea Store with performances by Fort Worth’s I.M. Terrell High School choir and a reception to follow. After, a tree planting ceremony will be held in the Community Garden 10-10:15 a.m. in the Trinity Plaza.

Tuesday, which has the theme of multicultural competence and language acquisition, will have the Taste of TR 2-4 p.m. in the World Lounge. Countries represented in Kelsey Timmermann’s book, Where Am I Eating, will inspire international food sampling.

Wednesday, which has the theme of student learning, will present That Was Random: Understanding Student-Faculty Interactions 6:15-7 p.m. in the Riverfront Café. Guest speakers include faculty academy dean Terry Mouchayleh.

Thursday, which has wellness as its theme, has a ribbon-cutting ceremony, when the TR Vision Authority will introduce the new trail between TR East Campus and TR Campus.

Friday, which has a theme of interdisciplinary collaboration, will feature a reflective conversation over the five years and presentations of student commitments and a five-year quilt.