Dance study to feature NW faculty, staff

The NW Faculty and Guest Dance Study will be held at 2 p.m. Feb. 20 in the Walsh Library on NW Campus.

Before the performance, guest artists from Big Rig Dance Collective and Cholo- Rock, both based in Denton, will hold free dance workshops in WHPE 1103.

Whitney Boom of Big Rig will teach a 9:30 a.m. workshop, and Jose Zamora of CholoRock will teach an 11 a.m. workshop.

The 2 p.m. recital will include performances by faculty members Lacreacia Sanders, Amy Sleigh, Emily Boyd and Amanda Jackson.

“It is a site-specific performance,” dance associate professor Amy Sleigh said. “We decided to take the dance out of the traditional theater setting and place it in a venue where the performers have a captured and shared audience in the library. This venue will make it accessible to everyone.”

Students Brianna Johnson and Baldo Paramo choreographed two of the faculty solo works.

After the performance, students can meet and greet the performers at a reception in the WTLO lobby. For more information, call Sleigh at 817-515-7155.

­­­— Rhiannon Saegert