In-person classes returning for fall

Alyson Oliver & Jose Romero
senior editors

Students will return to campus for in-person learning during the fall semester.

“TCC’s reopening will prioritize the health and safety of the campus community, plus the excellent academic and co-curricular experience throughout the college,” Chancellor Eugene Giovannini said at a board meeting.

Classes have been online since midway through spring of 2020 when students left for break in March and didn’t return in the wake of the pandemic.

South English instructor Lindsey Davis said because TCC has done a good job of keeping students, faculty and staff safe during the pandemic, returning to campus is a decision she is OK with.

The Texas Department of State Health Services recently changed the criteria for vaccinations by opening it up to any adult who wants one. As of March 29, almost 15% of Tarrant County residents were fully vaccinated, and over 26% were partially vaccinated, according to the CDC.

Using data from the CDC, NPR estimates that by December, 85% of the U.S. population will have received the vaccine.

“It is my opinion that students, faculty, and staff should have the personal freedom and the right to return to campus regardless of their vaccination status,” speech instructor Paige Carr-Lovelace said.

However, Davis said she hopes there will not be any problems when it comes to students still following safety guidelines such as social distancing and wearing masks.

Fall registration opens May 10 for all students.

Screenshot courtesy of TCC Club Rush
District Club Rush introduces students to organizations, motivating them to join.

Student organizations adapt to an online world
While there is no shortage of complications, for some student organizations the introduction of the virtual world worked out in their favor.
https://collegian.tccd.edu/student-organizations-adapt-to-an-online-world/