Names and Events

Now-May 2
Focus on Finals week on TR Campus will give students a chance to study for finals in peace and silence with a snack and ambience. Additional study spaces will be set up for students in the East Fork Gallery and in the East Fork third-floor study area. The Riverfront Café will extend its hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. The study areas will be manned with snacks until 8 each evening.

Now-May 31
Tickets can be purchased for the TCC Alumni Association’s third annual Rangers Night scheduled for June 17 at the Ballpark in Arlington. Friends and family are invited to join alumni to watch the Texas Rangers play the Oakland Athletics. Tickets for the all-you-can-eat event are $39 and are first-come, first-served. For more information, contact Gloria Fisher at 817-515-5777 or gloria.fisher@tccd.edu.

May 1
SE health services and the Tarrant County Mental Health Mental Retardation Street Outreach will host HIV/AIDS testing 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Participants must be at least 18 years old and must have a picture ID to test. For more information, call health services at 817-515-3594.

May 1
NE Campus health services will provide free HIV/syphilis testing 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in health services (NSTU 1704A). Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. Call 817-515-6056 for more information.

May 1
South Campus will have a Phi Theta Kappa induction ceremony 5-7 p.m. in the SSTU Cafeteria. For more information, call student development services at 817-515-4553.

May 2
South Campus will hold a graduation lunch noon-2 p.m. on the SSTU patio. The lunch will be for the graduating class of 2013 and will feature barbecue. For more information, call student activities assistant Jasmine Tuya at 817-515-4824.

May 3-9
Final exams

May 7
TR Campus will host Laughter Workshop, a lunchtime workshop series, noon-1 p.m. in the Discovery Center (TRTR 3102). Research shows that humor reduces stress along with a multitude of other health benefits, so participants can learn from guest speaker Danelle Ellis about the benefits and power of incorporating laughter into everyday life. For more information, contact Stevie Blakely at 817-515-1039 or stephanie.blakely@tccd.edu.

May 10 Commencement for graduates begins at 6:30 p.m. in Tarrant County Convention Center. The Collegian file photo
May 10
Commencement for graduates begins at 6:30 p.m. in Tarrant County Convention Center. The Collegian file photo

May 10
NE Campus will host the Decisions for Success Retreat 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and/or 1-3:30 p.m. in the Community Room (NBSS 1103). The retreat will explore students’ future and educational opportunities to accomplish their goals. Students may sign up at http://tccdne.volunteerhub.com/events/index or contact Marjeanna Burge at 817-515-6908 or marjeanna.burge@tccd.edu.

May 21
Today is the last day to drop a class for MayMester and the last day to register for the first six-week, 10-week and 12-week summer sessions. Registration ends at midnight.

May 27
TCC will be closed in observance of Memorial Day.

May 29
SE Campus will host a free Veterans Education Benefits Workshop 12:30-4 p.m. in the North Ballroom for veterans who want to learn more about how to use their education benefits. For more information, contact Juan Torres at 817-515-3055.

June 12
NE Campus will hold free and confidential HIV and syphilis testing 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in NSTU 1704A. Appointments are encouraged by calling health services at 817-515-6056, but walk-ins are permitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Results will follow via phone contact by the AIDS Outreach Center.

June 15
Registration begins for the fall semester.

June 24
Today is the admission deadline for First Time in College applicants for the second six-week summer session. For more information, contact 817-515-8223.

July 1
Registration for the second six-week summer session ends at midnight.

July 4
TCC will be closed in observance of Independence Day.

Aug. 1
Today is the deadline to apply for summer graduation.