New registration system garners mixed reactions

Janine Shuman

TCC has parted ways with WebAdvisor and adopted MyTCCTrack, a new and updated program, evoking mixed reactions among students.

NE dual credit student Maram Hammoudeh agrees the new interface is less outdated than its predecessor, but she also believes elements of the old system were better than MyTCCTrack.

“The way WebAdvisor showed the classes and professors was easier, in my opinion, compared to MyTCCTrack,” she said.

TR student Wendell Robinson is in favor of the updated system, but also thinks the new site will take a while to get used to.

“I think the change was unexpected,” he said. “I’m still confused about the whole new system because I am used to the old one and there are a lot more steps on registering for a class. What I liked was you could apply for multiple classes with no issues.”

NE student Alma Sardas is excited TCC is updating its systems and prefers MyTCCTrack.
“I think the interface is a lot cleaner than the previous one on WebAdvisor,” she said. “The WebAdvisor one was never confusing, it was just outdated. I’m glad to see TCC updating its systems.”

During registration, students encountered challenges with MyTCCTrack. Robinson felt the software was glitchy at times, and also struggled with removing classes that were added into the schedule.

MyTCCTrack did not appear seamless and sleek to all students.

“I liked that it was easier to search for the class that you want but sometimes it can look crowded with all the words around the classes,” Hammoudeh said. “On WebAdvisor, each class was on its own line and you did not have to click the see more button to see more classes.”

Even though students have to get used to a new system, they expressed their excitement about TCC updating the outdated interface.

“I think that TCC is in need of an update,” Robinson said. “It has been using the same old system for a long time, so this new system is a big improvement and a well-needed new fresh coat of paint.”