Photographer captures images of protest following the death of George Floyd

The Collegian photographer Johnathan Johnson captures the images of protest that have erupted throughout the metroplex since the death of George Floyd.

Protesters attend a vigil May 31 at Freedman's Cemetery in Dallas for all the lives lost to police brutality.
Protesters attend a vigil May 31 at Freedman’s Cemetery in Dallas for all the lives lost to police brutality.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A protester holds up a sign recounting George Floyd's last words during a May 29 rally in front of the Tarrant County Courthouse in Fort Worth.
A protester holds up a sign recounting George Floyd’s last words during a May 29 rally in front of the Tarrant County Courthouse in Fort Worth.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
Protesters storm I-30 heading west from Dallas to Fort Worth May 30
Protesters storm I-30 heading west from Dallas to Fort Worth May 30.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A leader of United My Justice sits down on Weatherford street, holding a sign, “No lives matter until black lives matter” in Fort Worth May 29.
A leader of United My Justice sits down on Weatherford Street, holding a sign, “No lives matter until black lives matter” in Fort Worth May 29.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
Two leaders from United My Justice lead a group in chants in front of the Bass Hall with Fort Worth police officer June 1. Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
Two leaders from United My Justice lead a group in chants in front of the Bass Hall with Fort Worth police officer June 1.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A protester leads the crowd in a chant, “Hands up, don’t shoot” in Fort Worth June 1.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
Two open carry enthusiasts display their weapons underneath the I-75 bridge in Dallas May 30. Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
Two open carry enthusiasts display their weapons underneath the I-75 bridge in Dallas May 30.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A small group gathers on Weatherford St. in front of the Tarrant County Courthouse May 29. Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A small group gathers on Weatherford St. in front of the Tarrant County Courthouse May 29.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A group vandalizes the Dallas Municipal Building May 30. Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A group vandalizes the Dallas Municipal Building May 30.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A security guard walks past freshly broken windows in the lobby of First Southwest Co. in Dallas May 30. Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian
A security guard walks past freshly broken windows in the lobby of First Southwest Co. in Dallas May 30.
Photo by Jonathan Johnson/The Collegian