viewpoint: Finding inner peace through meditation

Stayce Petties

Meditation is the key to finding your peace, focus and concentration. 

With everything happening during the pandemic, the mind as an inner world still needs to be balanced for order and organization. Different meditation techniques can be helpful during these times of distress and panic. The first thing to do is find your peace. One has to find their happy place where it can be just them.

Different people have different mechanisms to meditate, but a common one that is helpful is sitting in a quiet place, blocking out noise, taking slow, deep breaths in and out and focusing on something that provides peace of mind. Despite what happens in the world, remembering the good through the bad and ugly is what keeps people sane.

Music is also a form of meditation — especially certain playlists. One can think of at least 10 songs to get them in their groove or make them feel happy and even lift their spirits. Making a playlist called meditation, or even just listening to inspiring artists who have positive, good songs and vibes, can be used as a form of it.

For the busy athletic people in the world, working out, running or just taking a walk in the park can clear one’s mind. Get active and get moving.

Finding a special room or spot in the house dedicated to peacefulness can work as well. If one has a best friend or a partner, they can get them to do it with them to interact and help provide support and focus. Finding your peace is what gives you the mindset you need to start your day.

Even the busiest families, parents and single parents can have time to meditate, either by themselves or with their children. Sometimes, even in the craziest out-of-control situations, one can still find a calm way to meditate, find perfect peace and just tune everything out. In any situation, just be ready to show it who’s boss and who is in control.

Everyone has their source of what works for them. Just find out what works for you.

Photo by fauxels from Pexels.com

For some students, online classes is a way to thrive
TCC notified students that the upcoming semester would continue to be online, except certain classes that require hands-on instruction.
https://collegian.tccd.edu/for-some-students-online-classes-is-a-way-to-thrive/