SE flag football season coming

Two students fight for a pass during a flag football game on SE Campus last fall. This year’s tournament starts Oct. 12 with playoffs on Nov. 2 and Nov. 9. A captain/free agent meeting will take place Oct. 7 in the ESEC cardio room. Collegian file photo

By Elaine Bonilla/se news editor

Two students fight for a pass during a flag football game on SE Campus last fall. This year’s tournament starts Oct. 12 with playoffs on Nov. 2 and Nov. 9. A captain/free agent meeting will take place Oct. 7 in the ESEC cardio room.  Collegian file photo

Teams will gather soon to determine who has the best flag football skills on SE Campus.

“The teams will play a 4-on-4 style tournament on a 60-yard field,” said health and physical education instructor Shahzad Nazir.

The tournament will take place over three days starting Oct. 12 with playoffs Nov. 2 and 9.

Students interested in participating in the tournament must attend the captain/free agent meeting 2:30 p.m. Oct. 7 in the cardio room (ESEC 1511). During the meeting, captains can sign up their team, and individual players will be placed on a team.

As with the other intramural sports, prizes will be given to all participants and an additional prize will be given to the winner and runner-up, Nazir said.

For more information, students can call health and physical education instructor Evelyn Parkhurst at 817-515-3602.