What a catchy game

By John Garces/sports editor

SE Campus student Creadell Burns catches a pass while NE Campus students Rudy Flores and Ron Huggins try to stop him. SE student Cecil Martinez looks on during the first multi-campus flag football game.  Photo by Claire Lancaster/The Collegian
SE Campus student Creadell Burns catches a pass while NE Campus students Rudy Flores and Ron Huggins try to stop him. SE student Cecil Martinez looks on during the first multi-campus flag football game. Photo by Claire Lancaster/The Collegian

SE Campus walked away district champs in the first-annual TCC district flag football championships on Nov. 17.

The finals on NE Campus saw teams from NE, SE and South campuses competing.

The SE Campus team, comprising Cecil Martinez, Mario Abu, Evan Boultt, Jared Webb, Creadell Burns, and Chris Barton, came out on top, besting the NE Campus team 38-6 and the South Campus team 36-14.

In the third game, NE Campus beat South Campus, 27-12.

The round-robin event had three games that pitted the campuses against each other.

The games were 30 minutes each, with 15-minute halves, and the competition was a 4-on-4 event, featuring the top teams from each campus flag football league.

“It was fun, and we had a good time,” SE Campus student Cecil Martinez said. “The competition was good.”

Martinez wants participation in flag football to increase at TCC.

“ If we get more teams, it’ll just keep growing,” he said.

SE student Cecil Martinez runs away from NE student Rudy Flores during flag football play on NE Campus Nov. 17.  Photo by Claire Lancaster/The Collegian
SE student Cecil Martinez runs away from NE student Rudy Flores during flag football play on NE Campus Nov. 17. Photo by Claire Lancaster/The Collegian