Student to perform recital on South

South student Ulysses Lozano rehearses for a recital. Lozano said the work he does at TCC helps him prepare for auditions. Photo by Jason Floyd/The Collegian

By Laurance Traylor/reporter

South student Ulysses Lozano rehearses for a recital. Lozano said the work he does at TCC helps him prepare for auditions.  Photo by Jason Floyd/The Collegian

An international student on South Campus will perform a solo piano recital Nov. 19.

Originally from Puebla, Mexico, Ulysses Lozano met South music professor Oscar Dressler while visiting Fort Worth and decided to join the campus’ piano program. Working toward a bachelor’s degree, Lozano enrolled in Dressler’s private class.

“Before I started classes with him, he gave me the opportunity to play,” Lozano said. “I need that. I have to audition to go to a university.”

Lozano’s performance is 7:30 p.m. in the Recital Hall on South Campus.

“Ulysses is a brilliant student, and he represents the excellence that the piano program on South Campus has achieved,” Dressler said. “We will see the piano program of South Campus at its best through Ulysses.”