A Week of Cheap Local Excursions

Compiled by Frances Matteck, Shelly Williams/editor-in-chief, se news editor

Students can go to a number of places in the area for fun without breaking the bank. The following provides a week of activities that fit a student’s budget.

Sunday: The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth offers $4 admission with student ID. It is open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sundays.

Monday: Cowtown Bowling Center offers $1 shoe rental and $1 per game 8 p.m.-close.

Tuesday: From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Kimbell Art Museum offers tickets to visiting exhibits for $6 with student ID. Its permanent collection is always free. From 5 to 10 p.m., Putt-Putt Golf offers 80 game room tokens and unlimited miniature golf for $10.

Wednesday: Fort Worth Zoo offers half-price tickets for $6. Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Thursday: Thursday is College Night at Alley Cats in Arlington and Main Event in Fort Worth. Alley Cats offers half-price bowling, shoes, laser tag, rock climbing and game cards 8 p.m.-midnight. Main Event offers half-price Laser Jam, pool and billiards, as well as a free $10 game card with a one-hour purchase of pool or billiards, $2 domestic beer and $5 appetizers. Both require a student ID.

Friday: Fort Worth Community Arts Center has free gallery receptions 6-9 p.m.

Saturday: Admission to Amon Carter Museum’s permanent collection is always free. It is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturdays.