Serving the Tarrant County College District

Hispanic Heritage •CALENDAR•

Oct. 13TR student organization Manos y Manas and the International Students Association will host an advanced screening of Celia Cruz, Telemundo’s new TV miniseries, 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the Idea Store. The series will highlight the legacy of Cruz, queen of salsa. The film will be shown in Spanish with English subtitles. For more information, contact student development associate Axel Leos at 817-515-1908.
Oct. 13

TR student organization Manos y Manas and the International Students Association will host an advanced screening of Celia Cruz, Telemundo’s new TV miniseries, 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the Idea Store. The series will highlight the legacy of Cruz, queen of salsa. The film will be shown in Spanish with English subtitles. For more information, contact student development associate Axel Leos at 817-515-1908.

Oct. 7 South students can participate in Loteria, a traditional Mexican game, 1:30-3 p.m. in the SSTU dining hall.

Oct. 13

Oct. 12 SE will show the film Latino Americans: Prejudice and Pride, a film focusing on the struggles of Latino-Americans in the U.S., 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in the ESCT HUB. Contact student activities at 817-515-3595 for more details.

Oct. 12 As part of South’s Hispanic Heritage Month Speaker Series, Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce CEO John Hernandez will speak 11 a.m.-noon in the SSTU Living Room. He will discuss why education is important and share his own journey with education. For more information, contact student activities coordinator Stephanie Davenport at 817-515-4803.

Oct. 13 SE Campus will host the sixth annual districtwide Abrazando al Éxito 2015 6-9 p.m. in the North Ballroom. Arlington ISD superintendent Marcelo Cavazos will be the keynote speaker. Contact counselor Carisa Bustillos Givens at 817-515-3577 for more information.

Oct. 13 The SE library will host Spanish assistant professor Ivan Miño as he discusses The History of Latin America past and present 10-11:20 a.m. in ESED 1200. Contact the library reference desk at 817-515-3084 for more information.

Oct. 15 South will screen Spare Parts all day in the SSTU game room. The film centers on four Hispanic students who start a robotics club with a dream to compete against the best robotics champion, MIT. Popcorn will be provided. For more information, contact student activities coordinator Stephanie Davenport at stephanie.davenport@tccd.edu.

Oct. 21 The SE library will hold a discussion on the lives of Latino Americans in the 1930s using clips from the film Latino Americans: Empire of Dreams 2:20-3:40 p.m. in ESED 1200. Contact the library reference desk at 817-515-3084 for more details.