SGA, Phi Theta Kappa team up for town halls

The Collegian Logo
The Collegian Logo

By Michael Foster-Sanders/campus editor

The NE Student Government Association and Phi Theta Kappa will host two town halls with NE president Allen Goben 10-11 a.m. Oct. 19 and 5-6 p.m. Oct. 26 on the library’s second floor.

SGA member Berkley Breaux spoke on how the project came about and what PTK hopes to accomplish.

“The idea stemmed from the PTK college project to help students and administration,” Breaux said. “PTK presented the idea, and Dr. Goben encouraged the involvement of the SGA.”

PTK member Miguel Madrigal let the students know what to expect from the town hall meetings.

“The presidential town hall is an opportunity to ask questions, voice your concerns and share any additional topics with the campus president,” he said. “This is a place for students like you to share your voice to make TCC NE a better and brighter future.”

NE student Benny Tristan said he would like to ask the campus president about the educational quality that the students are receiving.

“What steps are we taking to get the best professors for our amazing students?” he asked.