NE Movers dance through life Seasons

By Brittanie Dawson/reporter

NE dance program will present Seasons, a concert featuring Movers Unlimited and the NE Dance Company.

Movers Unlimited, the NE touring company comprised of 10 members, will combine with the NE Dance Company of 42 members to create an evening of variety.

The concert will include several musical genres such as hip-hop, jazz, ballet, Latin and tap. The two dance companies will team up to interpret the seasons one may experience in life.

“No matter what style of music you like, there’s something for everyone,” said Linda Quinn, NE dance professor and director.

Quinn said Seasons will portray the various phases one can face — life, life after death, abuse, addiction, love and loss of love.

Movers Unlimited will perform “Abuse,” an original piece choreographed by Quinn based on her memories of a relationship years ago. The students originally performed the dance at a benefit concert in October.

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19-20 in the NFAB Theatre. Tickets, on sale in the NE business services office, are free for students with a school ID and $5 for general admission.