SE workshop to teach key leadership skills for future

The 25th Leadership Experience Summit is a great opportunity for students and participants to develop leadership skills to help them in the future, said Stevie Blakely, TR leadership development center coordinator.

Accidental Leadership takes place 1:30-3:30 p.m. Nov. 21 in TRTR Action A. Juanita Pahdopony, interim president for Comanche Nation College, will give the keynote presentation. The educator, poet and artist has taught at Oklahoma City University, University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma, Cameron University and Comanche Nation College, where she also served as tribal administrator.

After Pahdopony’s speech, students will break into three workshops: Leadership and Volunteerism, The Importance of Mentorship and Can You Hear Me Now?

“Participants will benefit from a greater understanding of the importance of leadership and key skills that need to be developed to be an effective leader on campus, at work and in the community,” Blakely said.

SE media assistant Dominique Spencer and academic support services coordinator Tara Lawrence will serve as workshop facilitators.

— Brittany Mitchell