Names & Events

Now-May 8 The TR Student Government Association is hosting a series of events in collaboration with clubs and organizations to support students through finals. On May 6, Focus on Finals will provide students with snacks and Scantrons 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Idea Store, and tutors will be available to work with students 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Purge Week will include several events throughout the week such as breakfast tacos, donuts and art therapy sponsored by TREE and a coffee jam session sponsored by the Guitar Club. Interested students should watch for details posted on bulletin boards.

May 6 NW health services is holding free, confidential HIV and STD testing 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in WCTS 1151. For more information, contact health services at 817-515-7672.

May 6 Students can learn helpful stress-relieving skills during South’s Psychology of Adjustment/Breathing Techniques to Reduce Stress and Anxiety 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in SFOF 1738A. Those interested in attending can call the Family Empowerment Center at 817-515-4332 to register or to have other questions answered.

May 6 SE health services will offer free and confidential HIV testing 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in the health services office (ESEC 2118). For more information, contact health services at 817-515-3591.

May 7 Caring for the Counselor is scheduled 1-4 p.m. in the Darlage Center Corner on NE Campus (NSTU 1615A). Mental health resources assistant professor Cynthia Savage will discuss the importance of self-care, understanding guilt and more. A light lunch will be served. For more information, contact special projects coordinator Raytosha Jones at 817-515-6190.

May 8 Maymester registration ends at midnight.

May 11-14 SE student activities will provide materials needed for final exams such as No. 2 pencils, Scantrons, final exam schedules for all five campuses and free snacks and drinks 8 a.m.-6 p.m. in the Main Commons. For more information, contact student activities at 817-515-3595.

May 12 South Campus will hold Money Matters, a free financial coaching event, 3:30-5 p.m. in the SFOF building. Those interested must make reservations by calling the Family Empowerment Center at 817-515-4332.

May 15 A free legal clinic for veterans and spouses of deceased veterans will be held 2-5 p.m. in the SFOF building on South. People must make reservations by calling the Family Empowerment Center at 817-515-4332.

May 15 Graduation ceremony for summer 2014, fall 2014 and spring 2015 graduates begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Speakers will be board of trustees members.

May 15 Maymester classes begin.

May 25 Registration for summer first six-week session ends at midnight.

May 26 Last day to drop a class for Maymester session

May 29 Final exams for Maymester session will be held.

June 1 Classes begin for summer first six-week session.

June 15 Registration for fall 16-week session begins.

July 4 Last day to drop a class for first six-week session

July 6 Registration for summer second six-week session ends at midnight.

July 9 Final exams for summer first six-week session will be held.

July 13 Classes begin for summer second six-week session.

Aug. 15 Last day to drop a class for summer second six-week session

Aug. 20 Final exams for summer second six-week session will be held.

Aug. 24 Registration for fall 16-week session ends at midnight.

Aug. 31 Classes begin for fall 16-week session.