Students invited to technical session

Interested students can attend the North Texas CATIA Operator’s Exchange all-day meeting Friday, Feb.17, on South Campus.
   CATIA is a non-profit local association of users of the Dassault/IBM suite of CATIA, DELMIA and ENOVIA software applications.
   The day starts at 8 a.m. with a registration breakfast in the SSTU Living Room.
   The first session begins at 8:30 a.m. when Kaae Rillos of Rillos Engineering will provide a live demonstration of the Adobe 3D product. A proposal for CATIA V6 will be made by Walter Wilson, Lockheed/EIS at 9:25 a.m. Wilson will discuss problems encountered with transferring high level information and maintaining CAD data.
   Margaret Debenport, CAD instructor on South Campus, will talk about the newest CATIA curricula offered at TCC and the HEAT program.
   At 10:50 a.m. Chris Borman will demonstrate Right Hemisphere Product Graphics Management solutions. The user presentation will be made by Rick Zimmerman, Lockheed Martin, at 11:35 a.m. Zimmerman will give an overview of how Lockheed Martin uses the Right Hemisphere software in its AVS (SAIL) facility.
   Graham Wood of Dassault will introduce and explain the company’s 3DXML product at 1 p.m. Steve Milliren of DELMIA will cover the capabilities provided in the DELMIA tools for shop floor applications at 1:50 p.m.
   The last session, at 2:50 p.m., is a 3D Viewers roundtable with representatives from Delmia, DS, Incat, Vought, Bell and Lockheed Martin.