DSS serves those with disabilities on all campuses

TCC provides support services for students defined as disabled under the Rehabilitation act of 1973 through the disability support services offices.

“ [DSS] levels the playing field for students,” Judy Kelley NE DSS coordinator, said. “Our purpose is to assist them without doing the work for them.”

Students in credit and non-credit classes are eligible to receive DSS services but need to provide proper documentation.

Documentation can come from a professional in education, medicine, disability services or psychology indicating a mental or physical impairment.

To ensure accommodations are available, students should contact DSS 20 business days before the start of class.

Service and accommodations include assisting with self-advocacy, appropriate accommodations, special testing accommodations, sign language interpreters, tutoring, note taking, access to assistive technology, student referrals to on-and-off campus resources and application information for taped and large-print books.

NE Campus: Judy Kelley, NSTU 1629, 817-515-6333 or 817-515-6337 (testing or tutoring);

NW Campus: Evette Brazzile, at WCTS 1111A, 817-515-7790 or 817-515-7733 (TTD),

South Campus: Carl Scherrieb at SSTU 1211A, 817-515-4554

SE Campus: Joan Moyer, ESSE 2310A, 817-515-3521.