Entertainment Calendar

Entertainment+Calendar

Oct. 7 NE music adjunct Michael Morey will perform J.S. Bach’s Lute Suites, Part 2, at 7 p.m. in College Hall (NCAB 1111). For more information, call music professor Hsinyi Wang at 817-515-6255. 

Oct. 11 Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend a NE composition concert and forum, presented by the NE Composition Club at 7 p.m. in College Hall (NCAB 1111). All compositions will be performed live and receive comments and suggestions from Dallas composer Jim Higgins. For more information, call music professor Hsinyi Wang at 817-515-6255.

Oct. 12-15 SE will present The Water Engine by David Mamet in the C.A. Roberson Theatre (ESEC 1401). During the Chicago World’s Fair in 1933, a group of lawyers try to get in on the invention of an engine that runs on tap water. The production runs at 7:30 p.m. all nights with a 1:30 p.m. matinee Oct. 14. Admission will be free for all TCC students, faculty and staff, $3 for non-TCC students and seniors and $6 for the general public. To make reservations, call the box office at 817-515-3599. 

Oct. 12-16 NW’s drama program will present Treasure Island starting at 7:30 p.m. with a 2 p.m. matinee Oct. 16 in Theatre Northwest (WTLO 1108). The production focuses on pirates and legendary swashbucklers like Billy Bones and Israel Hands. A young boy named Jim Hawkins tags along for the sake of adventure with the pirate Long John Silver. Admission is free to all TCC students, faculty and staff, $3 for non-TCC students and seniors and $6 for the general public. For more information, call the box office at 817-515-7724.

Oct. 13 NE music instructor Warren Dewey will host a jazz band concert at 7 p.m. in the NFAB theater on NE Campus. All students, faculty and staff are invited. The concert will feature a variety of jazz charts. For more information, call Dewey at 817-515-6434.