Students excited for new semester

RABBIA MOLAI
managing editor
rabbia.molai@my.tccd.edu

The fall semester is finally here, and TCC students said they are ready to get back on campus.

First-time students to college veterans said they are excited to jump into a new semester and see what the 2022-23 school year has to offer. NE student Vito Martinez is an incoming freshman this fall who is excited about furthering his education.

“I’m the first one in my family to go to college and so I kind of want to prove myself,” Martinez said.

Students following Fernanda Flores around touring the NE campus. Photo by Joel Solis / The Collegian

Along with the excitement of being a first-generation college student, Martinez said he wanted to explore the campus more as well as expressed his aspiration to create a better life for himself and his family.

Much like Martinez, fellow incoming NE freshman Leslie Cruz is eager to get a start on her college experience.

“I think what I’m most excited about is just getting to meet new people from other places and just getting started with school and living that college life,” Cruz said.

Cruz said she had visited multiple campuses until she found the right fit for her and that she looked forward to seeing what TCC has to offer.

But it’s not just the freshmen who are ready to be back. Third-year student Julia Macleod was both excited and nervous about her upcoming roster of classes.

“I am excited about my swim class because I really love swimming and that should be fun,” Macleod said. “I am a little nervous about my Intro to Chemistry class because I’m going for an art degree, so science isn’t something I’m super knowledgeable about.”