Native American dancers perform in NE event

Apache and Choctaw tribal members participate in a powwow on NE Campus Nov. 18 during American Indian Heritage: Tribal Nations Today, Educating the Broader Community, one of several scheduled events including speeches. Photo by Georgia Phillips/The Collegian
Students viewed powwow dances from local tribal members. Students also heard from guest speaker Lt. Gov. Jefferson Keel of the Chickasaw Nation and president of the National Congress of American Indians in Washington.  Photo by Georgia Phillips/The Collegian
Students viewed powwow dances from local tribal members. Students also heard from guest speaker Lt. Gov. Jefferson Keel of the Chickasaw Nation and president of the National Congress of American Indians in Washington. Photo by Georgia Phillips/The Collegian
Apache and Choctaw tribal members participate in a powwow on NE Campus Nov. 18 during American Indian Heritage: Tribal Nations Today, Educating the Broader Community, one of several scheduled events including speeches.  Photo by Georgia Phillips/The Collegian