NE Fall Fest is in

Charlie Brown-themed event brings in new season

Austin Folkertsma

Early 2000s music blared over loudspeakers, vendors handed out popcorn and hot dogs as students gathered around booths during NE’s Fall Festival.

The Oct. 27 festival marked an in-person return for the event after going virtual in 2020 due to COVID-19. This year’s theme was “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Toro,” a reference to the classic Charlie Brown cartoon. Vendors from around the Tarrant County area participated in the event, providing information about various companies like Six Flags and In-N-Out.

A 360-degree photo booth gave students a chance to capture photos by standing on a platform and posing for the camera as it circled them. Attendees could also express their creativity by painting a pumpkin.

“My favorite part about [Fall] Fest is that I love how much this campus wants people to have a good experience here,” NE student Emily Spencer said.  “I think this Fall Fest just shows how much they care about their students and just seeing how much energy they put into this.” 

Spencer said she loves the free snacks and Charlie Brown-themed T-shirts available at the event. 

[metaslider id=47494]

NE academic adviser David Carillo was at the festival promoting the advising and counseling office, which recently moved next to the NE bookstore. TCC offers online and in-person counseling to whoever needs it, Carillo said. He wanted to stress that anyone is welcome — whether they’re dealing with difficult life situations or just wanting someone to talk to.

“My favorite part about the Fall Festival is seeing all of these different booths out here that everyone can enjoy and have a good time,” he said.

NE student Claire Thompson was at the Pride Club booth, representing one of the many clubs present at the Fall Festival. 

“My favorite part of the Fall Festival is all of the activities that there are,” she said. ”It builds community within the campus.”

NE Writing Center student employee Tish Buford was there in attendance promoting the Writing Center. She said if students need help with any of their writing assignments, then go down to the Writing Center in NACB 1114. 

“I think that the Fall Festival is a lot of fun,” she said. “I enjoy learning about all the different clubs and organizations and just having a fun time.”