Black History Month Calendar

Feb. 1 South Campus students will kick off Black History Month with a Poetry Slam, open to students, faculty and staff. The event is noon-2 p.m. in the NSTU cafeteria.

Feb. 1 South students can enjoy the movie The Pursuit of Happyness along with popcorn 7-9 p.m. in the NSTU cafeteria.

Feb. 3-29 An artifact display, sponsored by the Tarrant County Black Historical and Genealogical Society, will be on display in the South Campus Jenkins Garrett Library.

Feb. 6 The Tarrant County Black Historical and Genealogical Society will conduct How to Research Your Family Tree 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the SSTU Living Room on South.

Feb. 7 African-American Read In will be 11:45 a.m.-2 p.m. in the SE library. Students are invited to join an open mic to read passages from their favorite black authors. Toni Simmons will present Black Women: Standing Tall, Standing Proud during the event. Her performance will include stories, poetry and song.

Feb. 7 South Campus presents Overcoming Obstacles by Jonathan Adams 7-9 p.m. in the SSTU Living Room.

Feb. 13 To demonstrate their creativity, South Campus students, faculty and staff will perform in a talent show 7-9 p.m. in the SSTU Cafeteria.